Today there are tons of that you can choose among, and make your child happy. Maybe you are already getting one regularly but you are not happy with it since you are receiving it too often, or very rarely. Maybe the items don’t seem adequate for your little one, or you are not happy with the price you are paying or the quality of the items.
If you wish to get a subscription box for your child, but you do not know about the types of boxes you can choose among, we have made a list of the types of kids’ subscription boxes, based on some factors as follows.
Based on How Often You Wish to Receive Them
How often you receive a box is something very important, since you do not want to receive a 50 dollar box every week, nor you wish to receive clothes for your kid that often. In general, according to how often you receive them, you can choose among the following boxes:
- Weekly boxes – you will receive these on a particular day of the week, i.e. every Wednesday. Weekly subscription boxes are usually boxes that contain magazines, coloring books or foods,
- Monthly boxes – you will receive a box of this kind once per month. Usually, these are boxes with clothing items as socks and underwear, but also with school supplies, or magazines.
- Seasonal boxes – which you receive every three months, one per season. These generally contain clothing items, and you receive them at the beginning of each season in order for your child to be prepared to have the necessary clothes for the weather. One of the best subscription boxes of this kind is KIDBOX.
There are also other types of boxes based on how often you receive them, as every five weeks, every six months etc. At the same time, some companies offer you the chance to select how often you wish to receive a box when you subscribe and send it to you according to your decision.
Based on the Age of your child
On the other hand, you will be able to select among boxes based on the age of your child, which are as following:
- Boxes for newborn – these usually contain stuff you will need about your baby like diapers, baby bottles, pacifiers as well as baby clothes since we all know how often moms need to change babies because of all the throwing up.
- Toddlers – boxes for toddlers contain toys and clothes mostly. They may also contain baby bottles, spoons and plates, and other baby stuff. Children’s books with bedtime stories are often included.
- Kids – at the age of four kids already know what they want and what they don’t. They also grow up very quickly from this age on so they need to change clothes very often. They also start becoming more creative, so there is a variety of boxes they can choose among with creative toys and projects. At this age, they can also start to receive school supplies.
- Teens – though teens hate being in the same list with kids, they are probably happy they too benefit from subscription boxes. Boxes for teens, aside from clothes, also contain school supplies, magazines, and books. They can also get accessories and other cool stuff.
Based on Items they contain
A kids’ subscription box may contain everything, from foods to clothes and even creative projects. The box you will get really depends on what you wish your child to receive, and how he or she will benefit from it. Some of the items a subscription box may contain are as follows.
- Clothes – most of the boxes contain at least on clothing items. On the other hand, there are boxes that contain only clothes and nothing else. You can also find boxes only with essentials, like underwear and socks.
- Everyday items – boxes that contain items as toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, or even food.
- School supplies – school children can benefit a lot from boxes that contain school items, as pencils, notebooks, calculator, rubbers, highlighters, scissors etc. Creative projects are often part of these boxes.
- Toys – of course, kids get bored with toys very quickly. A subscription box is a chance for your child to get creative toys that positively affect their personality.
There are also boxes that offer other type of stuff as magazines, coloring books, comic books, accessories etc.
Based on their price
The price is quite important and you should pay attention to it. You do not want to pay more than the box is worth. Prices vary from very cheap ones to very expensive boxes. Usually, weekly boxes are the cheapest, while seasonal boxes are the most expensive. However, you may notice the difference even in boxes of the same type, since some seasonal boxes may be quite expensive, while others are very cheap in comparison to them.
Do you have a favorite subscription box that your child looks forward to receiving?