Instant Pot has been a top rated seller on Amazon for over a year now. I love my instant pot and all the different meals I am able to create for my family in half the time.
Do you own an Instant Pot? I have the Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use for our family of 5. I want to share one of our families favorite as the weather here in SC has started to become a lot chiller out.
The Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup is very easy to put together and is packed full of delicious flavors. A warm bowl of fajita soup can be enjoyed plain, with a yummy garnish or even add some scoops. Your family will definitely ask for seconds.
Chicken Fajita Soup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Active cook time: 15 minutes (+ time to come to pressure and 10 min. natural release)
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium Poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 14-oz. can
dicedfire-roasted tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 t. Mexican oregano, dried
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 T. fresh lime juic
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- 3 T. red onion, chopped
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add red onion, bell peppers, and Poblano pepper. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring continually, until the onion and peppers are crisp-tender and develop a bit of color, approximately 4-5 minutes. Switch unit to “off” and transfer veggies to a bowl. Set aside.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place chicken in Instant Pot®, along with tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, Mexican oregano, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 10 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and shred chicken breasts with two forks. Add sautéed veggies, black beans
andlime juice. Stir to combine and taste. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Allow soup to sit on “Warm” setting for several minutes until the veggies and beans are heated through. Serve immediately topped with sliced avocados, red onion, Mexican cheese, and fresh cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Do you have a favorite soup recipe that your family loves to enjoy? We would love to hear all about it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Easy Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
- 10 Best Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- 20 Stunning Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
- Quick and Easy Peach Cobbler In The Instant Pot
- 11 Awesome Instant Pot Recipes