If you are looking for a way to serve dessert without heating up the house, you won’t want to miss this yummy no-bake pie recipe. It combines the flavors of an American classic, the rootbeer float, and creamy pie to create a cold treat that is perfect for serving to your family after dinner or to friends at a potluck. This Rootbeer pie comes together easily to create a dessert that everyone will love! Freezer pies are one of my favorite ways to indulge my family without turning on the oven, and this recipe is definitely one of our favorites!
- 3/4 C root beer
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 1-2 TBSP root beer extract
- 1 container Cool Whip (8 oz/thawed)
- 1 graham cracker crust (prepared)
- Cherries and whipped cream
- Crushed rootbeer barrel candy
- Whisk together the root beer, milk, root beer extract and pudding mix for 2 minutes. (or until it thickens)
- Gently add in Cool Whip.
- Continue to stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Place in the freezer for at least 8 hours. (overnight is best)
- Remove from freezer and cut into 8 slices.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cherries.
- Sprinkle crushed root beer barrel candy on the edges of the pie.
- Store pie in freezer.
If you like rootbeer floats, you are going to love this easy no bake pie! Do you serve freezer pies in the summer? I would love to hear about your favorite recipe for staying cool and satisfying your sweet tooth.