Easter is the perfect time to indulge in something super sweet! This recipe for Peeps Cupcakes combines two favorite treats into one pretty package! These cupcakes are decadently delicious and make a great classroom snack before the Easter break, or a lovely addition to the dessert table at your Easter feast! Your family and friends will certainly ask you to make these again next year after they take a peek at your Peeps Cupcakes!
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ carrot cake mix
- 1 cup baking butter
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tsp. of Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 TBSPs unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, not packed
- 1 to 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Easter Sprinkles
- Peeps candy
- Easter Cupcake wrappers
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, butter, milk, vanilla and eggs on low speed using a mixer for 30 seconds.
- Mix on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour into baking cups, filling each about 2/3 full, place them in cupcake sheet holder.
- Bake 17-22 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cut out a whole in the center to fit the Peep.
- Cream together the cream cheese and the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Then add in the vanilla extract.
- Insert your peep in the center of the cupcake.
- Pipe your frosting over cupcakes around the Peep candy using a star pastry tip.
- Sprinkle your Easter cake sprinkles on the frosting.
Spread the love