OtterBox was founded in 1998 by Curt Richardson. The name came from their original line of waterpoof cases just like an otter’s fur. The Otterbox designs and manufactures protective cases for smartphones, tablets and other mobile technology. They have five lines of cases; Defender Series, Preserver Series, Commuter Series, Symmetry Series and Resurgence Series. OtterBox is also the #1 selling case for smartphones in the US and Canada.
Life of a Southern Mom recently had the pleasure of working with OtterBox. Greg and I ordered the new Samsung Galaxy S5 and needed to have durable cases that would help protect our phones. Having three little boys who loves to play games and watch videos tend to have those accidents of accidentally dropping our phones, scratching or breaking the screens or even the both of us have those accidental drops and spills as well. We needed something that could protect our new phones no matter who was using it.
We received OtterBox’s Defender Series Black/Greg/Black Case for Greg and the Defender Series Pink/Grey/White and also the Symmetry Series in Teal Rose. I wanted to be sure I placed the cases on correctly so I went and watched the easy instructional video. The cases where easy to put on with just a few snaps.
OtterBox Case Features:
- The Defender Series Cases are made rugged, for demanding conditions, heavy use and random accidents. Its 3-layer protection withstands bumps, shocks and bumps. The port covers easily keep the dust and debris out.
- Commuter Series has a slim multi-layer case that protects through the toughest lifestyle.
- Commuter Series Wallet provides a storage to hold your cash and cards. It is slim and can fit in your pocket. It is equipped with a front facing access drawer with audible click closure for added security for your eyes only.
- Preserver Series is a 2 piece case that easily snaps together with a solid sturdy waterproof case that has rubber bumpers to help absorb impact force. The built in screen protector helps keep the cellphones screen from enduring scratches and scuffs. It has internal foams that provide cushion and holds your phone in place. It is waterproof and can be submerged up to 6.6 ft. for up to 30 minutes in water. It can also withstand drops up to 6.6ft. (Pretty awesome)
- Symmetry Series is slim with the pocket friendly design in mind. The Wraparound colors and graphics add seamless style. The raised beveled edge keeps your touchscreen from getting scratches.
I am glad we have durable cases now to help protect our phones. The kids can play their games without the worry of them dropping them on the floor or spilling something on them. I can say having my new phone for about a month and cases for a few weeks, the kids have really tested my phone. It has hit the floor, pavement, tea spilled on it and it still works great. OtterBox lets you personalize your protective case that gives you the style you want and the protection you need. If you are looking for a case that will protect your phone I recommend getting an OtterBox Case.
Visit OtterBox Website here and view their entire line of products.