Fun Candy Corn Facts
1. October 30th is National Candy Corn Day.
2. More than 35 Million Pounds of Candy Corn are sold each year. That equates to nearly 9 billion pieces. If laid end to end the candy could circle the moon about 21 times.*
3. Candy Corn can be enjoyed all year long, but majority is consumed during the fall months.
4.’Candy corn was invented in the 1880s by George Renninger, and first manufactured by the Wunderle Candy Company. The Goelitz Candy company was the first to manufacture mass quantities around the turn of the century.’*
5. Now manufactured by machines, candy corn was originally made by hand using ingredients which included corn syrup, sugar, water, marshmallows, Fondant, and carnauba wax.*
6. No one seems to know the creator or the origin of National Candy Corn Day, but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying this “unofficial” holiday!
*Denotes HolidayInsights.com and nationaldaycalendar.com