My boys are all about the LEGOS! From their afterschool activities to their t-shirts and even their TV time, it is usually centered around a certain brick of fun! To keep indulging their love of building with LEGOS I have created a one of a kind treat that is sure to appeal to your sweet tooth, no matter if you are 2 or 102! These LEGO Sugar Cookies will be a big hit!
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 egg
Cookie Cutter: any size square cutters
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth, not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Once all ingredients have been mixed well. Take the dough and make it into a ball
- Wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Take the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and let set to soften up a bit.
- Sprinkle a little flour on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour on to the batter. (if needed).
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board.
- Using the cookie cutter begin to cut and make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies on to the parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Place cookies in the oven and bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Once cookies have cooked. Remove cookie sheet from oven.
- Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Green and red food coloring
- 3 piping bag with a number two tip
- 3 squeeze bottles
- Combine all ingredients except the colors into a standing mixing bowl.
- Mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Split the icing into three bowls.
- Add green color to one bowl, red color to the second bowl and third bowl white.
- Scoop some of each of the icing into 3 individual piping bags.
- Add 2 tbsp. of water to the white and red icing bowls.
- Once those colors are thinned, add the icing into the 2 squeeze bottles.
- Outline the first square cookie in white, green or red icing
- Fill in the cookie with the matching thinned color
- Repeat process with remaining cookies
- Let dry for 1 hour before adding the dots.
- Once cookies are dry, add 6 dots to each, using the matching color piping bag.
- You can add less or more dots to your cookie depending on the size of your cookie.
- Let dry for 2-3 hours before enjoying
LEGO Sugar Cookies are cute, completely
Looking for even more LEGO ideas?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE