I remember my mom making Shepherds Pie when I was growing up, but I have never cooked it for my family. I started browsing the internet for recipes of what ingredients they put in theirs and I finally asked my hubby what he wanted in it and went from there. I can say it was a “big” hit in my house. My youngest Eli who eats like a “bird” ate two helpings and wanted more. Hope you enjoy!
1-1/2 lb of Hamburger Meat
5-6 medium potatoes, cubed
1 can of Kernel Corn
1 can of Creamed Corn
1 can Sweet Peas
1 can carrots, diced
2 Cups of shredded sharp cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add hamburger meat and chopped onions in pan.
- Brown meat and onions.
- Peel potatoes, cut into cubes.
- Cook potatoes for about 10-12 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain hamburger meat. Transfer back to pan, add corn, peas, carrots and 1/2 shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Drain potatoes.
- Mix potatoes and 1/2 shredded cheese together while potatoes are hot. I added a little milk and butter just like I was making mashed potatoes.
- Spray baking dish with lite cooking spray.
- Add meat mixture to dish, then add potato mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 350 degrees.
- The last five minutes remove from oven and top with remaining cheese (optional)
- Sprinkle a little Parsley and Paprika on top (optional)