Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, but it sure seems to be the most rushed meal of the day too! Luckily for my 3 growing boys, we don’t have to be in a cereal rut anymore. With this incredibly easy and nutritious recipe for Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal Breakfast bowl, you can have a hot breakfast on the table in just a few moments, even on the busiest of days. My family loves the texture of this recipe and I love how filling and flavorful it is without spending more than a few moments of time preparing it!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes + time to come to pressure
1 c. fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into chunks
1 c. fresh blueberries rinsed and patted dry
1 c. steel cut oats
3¼ c. water
2 c. Greek or coconut yogurt
1½ T. chia seeds
1 T. real maple syrup, plus additional for serving
- Spray the Instant Pot pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the steel cut oats and water and stir to combine. Cover with lid and lock into position, then flip the pressure valve to the “Sealing” position.
- Press the “Manual” button and select the high heat setting.
- Set cook time to 10 minutes.
- Combine maple syrup, chia seeds, and yogurt in a small bowl.
- When cook time is complete, turn off the Instant Pot to prevent burning. Allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir the contents to combine.
- Pour oats to individual serving bowls, letting oats be on one side of the bowl and yogurt mixture on the other side.
- *Optional* Spoon strawberries and blueberries between the two halves.
- Serve immediately with additional maple syrup on the side, if desired. Enjoy!
I love how this recipe cuts down on cooking time for steel cut oatmeal! Have you ever made oatmeal in your instant pot? I would love to hear about your favorite breakfast options for the instant pot because we are always looking for great ways to enjoy a hot breakfast together, even on the busiest of days!
You May Also Like