I don’t know about you but I get tired of using the same recipes and frostings for cupcakes. I wanted to share these new BBQ Shish Kabobs. It’s summer time and that means cooking out with family and friends. I bet these cupcakes will be a big hit at your next cookout.
Are you looking to spice up your summer a little bit? These BBQ Shish Kabob Cupcakes will leave your guests wanting more! The cupcakes are a fun and creative way to add to a BBQ. It seems as though the same old things are served at summer outings, so make this summer a little different.
Even if you are not the most creative person in the world, you will love making these cupcakes. The color, flavor, and design work perfectly together to create the ultimate dessert at your summer get-together. The awesome part of these cupcakes is that they are made from scratch! That’s right, you get bragging rights because you made these cupcakes from scratch and not from a box.
If you want to involve the kids or other family members in making these BBQ Shish Kabob Cupcakes, they would probably more than love it. Are you ready to get started on this scrumptious recipe?
- 2/3 C unsalted butter, soft
- 1 2/3 C sugar
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 2 C flour
- 2/3 C cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 C whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
- Cream butter with sugar until light and creamy.
- Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternate the addition of the dry ingredients and milk into the creamed mixture.
- Beat until smooth after each addition.
- Scoop batter into lined cupcake tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the cupcake tin for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cupcake pan and cool on wire rack.
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 3 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 C heavy cream
- red gel food coloring
- orange gel food coloring
- red and orange cupcake sprinkles
- Gummy Bear candy
- Box of toothpicks
- Beat the softened butter on its own until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add powder sugar with heavy cream into the creamed butter until it becomes a smooth and thick texture.
- If the frosting is too thick, add more heavy cream, if the frosting is too thin, add more powder sugar.
- Take a spoonful of the frosting and hold the spoon upside down…. if the frosting drops off the spoon add more powdered sugar …. if the frosting doesn’t fall off the spoon then it is ready.
- Put 1/2 of the frosting into a separate bowl… put several drops of orange gel food coloring in that bowl and stir well to blend the color.
- In the second bowl add the half of the frosting… add several drops of red gel food coloring… Stir well to mix the color.
- Scoop the orange frosting into a pastry bag with a frosting tip. Scoop the red frosting into the same pastry bag.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the orange/red frosting to the tip. Using the filled pastry bag work the frosting in a circle on the top of each cupcake until they are fully frosted.
Royal Icing Ingredients:
- Mix eggs, cream of tartar, almond extract, and powder sugar on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Add black gel food coloring… stir to blend well.
- Tape wax paper covering a cookie sheet.
- Using a small pastry bag filled with the black royal icing and a #2 tip.
- Using royal icing outline a BBQ grill.
- Go over the outline of the grill with the black royal icing to reinforce the icing grill.
- Allow drying time for 5-10 hours. -Cut the wax paper holding the completed BBQ grill into squares surrounding the image.
- Ensure the grills are dry, gently touch one of the images.
- If the images are dry peel them off the wax paper and place on the frosted cupcake.
- We used gummy bear candy, cut off the body side of the gummy bear and made just a plain square of a gummy candy.
- Cut those pieces in half.
- Slide each small square piece of gummy candy onto a toothpick. If the toothpick is too big for the royal icing grill, cut off the ends.
- Place the kabobs on the grill.