This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Febreze. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.
I had the opportunity to attend the first ever Febreze Safety Immersion in Cincinnati at the Procter and Gamble headquarters. I learned so much about Febreze, and how the company is making strides in the air care category for safety.
As a mom of boys, there are a few things I like to think I am well versed in here are the obvious subjects such as sports, snacks and all things Pokemon. But, there are more layers to this mom than just fun, games and yummy treats. We all know boys can produce some of the worst smells, and I am sure girls do too. In the car, the bathroom, their bedroom, clothes, shoes, etc. they leave behind smells that as parents we look to eliminate with our go-to air fresheners.
Febreze is a secret weapon for parents and pet owners because it works like a dream to make our homes smell fresh and inviting while eliminating odors. But, is Febreze safe for families with pets, small children and those who are sensitive or particular to their air quality?
At the Immersion, we learned that Febreze is absolutely safe for use around children and pets, and Febreze is committed to making an effective product that is gentle for use. While reading product labels can be confusing, Febreze makes it simple for anyone to understand. On their website, they break it down by product. I love that they are completely transparent by listing what each ingredient is and offering a description of what each ingredient does in the Febreze clean process.
For example, what role does alcohol play in the Febreze process? It helps to dry the fabric after spraying. What is Diethylene Glycol? It acts as a super booster for the odor eliminators.
Febreze wants to make sure the products we use are safe and they want to educate consumers so they too know how their products work. I love that Febreze products are effective, but at no expense to the safety or well-being of the families that welcome the brand into their homes.
During my visit to P&G headquarters for the Febreze Safety Immersion, we got to hear from one of the scientists himself. He did a fantastic job of breaking down and explaining how Febreze OdorClear technology works and how instead of masking the odors it actually eliminates them. They use a donut-shaped molecule called Cyclodextrin, made from corn, that traps the odor and locks away the odor molecules.
Did You Know That…
- There may be around 500 trillion odor molecules in your home that you are not even able to smell? No matter how clean your home looks and smells, if you don’t clean the air in your home those odors will still linger. You can get used to those odors in your home, but someone who visits can smell the odors your sense of smell has adjusted to.
- Having a wet dog enter your home can leave billions of odor molecules on your rug or couch.
- Pet odors can live for months, even years, on fabrics and soft surfaces.
- The odors from cooking foods like bacon, fish or garlic, can live on your fabrics and soft surfaces for months until they are properly eliminated.
- Humidity plays a major role in odor intensity. Even a rainy day can cause the odors in your home to “bloom“, or resurface.
Neat Facts about Febreze Products
- One bottle of Febreze Fabric Refresher with OdorClear can neutralize around 300 million billion odor molecules.
- One bottle of Febreze Air Effects with OdorClear can neutralize 300 thousand billion odor molecules.
- Febreze has a commitment to safety and transparency. They do not use phthalates, formaldehyde or flammable propellants as ingredients when they formulate any Febreze products.
- Febreze is a proud partner of SmartLabel, which allows consumers to find all of our product information via smartphone, tablet or desktop computer.
- P&G will share all fragrance ingredients down to 0.01% for its entire product portfolio by the end of 2019.
- Febreze is safe to use around children and pets, but like all household products, should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- You do not need to shake Febreze Air Effect bottles. I know most, including myself, may think to shake the bottle for a better result. However, with Febreze, it is the total opposite because it has a pure nitrogen propellant that disperses a fine mist in the air.
We were able to participate in a behind the scenes “STINK” lab tour, where we saw a few different demos that proved just how effective Febreze products are. You can try one of the demos in your own home by following the instructions here.
Febreze has products for the most sensitive sniffers as well as those who love perfume smells. You can see a list of their products on the website here. One product that I did not know existed was the Febreze ONE Fabric & Air Mist. My son has allergies so I have always been hesitant about bringing “strong” fragrances in the home. With Febreze ONE I can eliminate odors without the use of aerosols, dyes, or heavy perfumes, and it leaves behind a light freshness. The BAMBOO scent has been one of his favorites to use and spray throughout our home. We can’t wait to try the other scents in this line soon.
Easy tips to help improve your homes freshness.
- Wipe down all surfaces in the home at least once a week.
- Wash drapes, blankets, pillows, sheets once a week.
- Schedule a time to wash your fur babies to help keep the pet dander to a minimum.
- When using Febreze, you can spray your air, carpets or rugs first, then vacuum. Febreze’s technology causes the odor molecules to become heavy and drop to the ground, so when you vacuum, you are actually removing those molecules from that area and your home. Then, if you want more scent, you can respray Febreze for that just cleaned smell!
- Spray Febreze air fresheners anytime, anywhere to keep your home smelling fresh.
What are your favorite Febreze products?
Disclosure: Southern Carolina Family received a form of compensation for the above-mentioned blog post. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own. I only recommend products I personally use and believe will add value to my readers.