Home is a place to play, relax and enjoy spending time with family and friends. Accidents can happen at any time, and we can help prevent them before they happen. We all know there will be those accidents with bumps, bruises and minor scrapes, but we must help kids discover new things. They must learn about safety in the home. I have created a household safety list of the top ten things to have on hand in case of emergencies.
- Fire Extinguisher
- Water – 1 Gallon per person to last 2-3 days
- Foods & Snacks (Non-Perishable)
- First Aid Kit
- Battery Operated Radio (with extra batteries)
- Flash Lights (with extra batteries for each)
- Extra set of clothing for each person
- A List of Important Phone Numbers
- Manual Can Opener for foods
- Have a plan in case of fire, earthquake, tornado or flooding make sure everyone in the household knows the plan. Where to go, where to meet, who to call.
Here is a free printable that you can download and print.
You are welcome to download and print, please give proper credit back to Life of a Southern Mom.